How cute is my new baby bedding collection, Charlotte?! I'm so excited to have this sophisticated and very feminine collection hit stores. Soft pinks and greys make the Charlotte collection elegantly modern while sweet bunnies and ruffles make it totally playful. It’s decorated with pretty medallions, paisleys, and lattice prints in a soft linen blend, making your baby perfectly cozy. A darling little plush bunny named Charlotte coordinates with the collection for maximum snuggles. Shop the collection online at Amazon, Babies R Us and Target!
Succulents are the perfect plant because they don’t require too much attention and they can be planted virtually anywhere as long as it’s sunny! Plus, they come in so many varieties, each one chic and unique! This DIY brings a little bit of the beach into your garden by turning seashells into succulent planters.
- Seashells – If you don’t have a beach nearby, you can buy them from your local craft store or online. Remember that some beaches do not allow you to remove any items, so always check the signs first.
- Succulents – the size of the succulent depends on the size of your shell. I used several 1” succulents
- Cactus and Succulent soil
- Garden Shovel
- Place some soil into the shell so that it is about ¾ of the way full.
- Remove the succulents from their plastic pots and gently shake off any excess dirt from the roots.
- With your fingers, make holes in the soil where you will place your succulents.
- Place the succulents into the holes. As you make more holes, decide where you want the succulents to go so you have a nice, pretty arrangement.
- Gently place a little more soil at the base of the succulents so they are planted well.
- Water your new garden and place in a sunny window or outside!
This is another perfect project to do with friends. I like to display groupings in odd numbers so if you have the space, use three different types of shells, plant them with a variety of succulents and enjoy!
Nothing beats a cold and refreshing lemonade on a hot summer day....except maybe a Spiked Sparkling Peach Lemonade! This recipe is deliciously sweet, but oh-so-grown up! It serves 5, so it's perfect for a summer soirée!
- 3 Peaches, sliced
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 cups Sparkling Water
- 1 1/2 cups Vodka
- 1 cup Still Water
- Fresh Mint
- 1 Peach and a handful of Berries for garnish
- In a large saucepan, add sliced peaches, sugar and 1 cup of water. Heat on medium heat.
- Let the sugar dissolve and once the peaches are soft, mash them with a fork to help release the juices.
- Let the mixture simmer for 1 minute.
- Strain the mixture and take out the solid peach bits.
- Add the lemon juice and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once ready, add the sparkling water, vodka and ice and stir until everything is mixed together. Garnish with peach slices and berries.