It's Christmas Eve and it's the perfect evening to entertain! Put on your favorite dress, deck those halls with pretty decorations and celebrate with my two favorite recipes for the perfect Christmas Eve cocktail hour!
This delicious cocktail is the Elderflower Martini from MacCallum House Inn & Restaurant in Mendocino.
My favorite recipe for a cocktail party is my Mother-in-law's Shrimp Scampi. It's really easy to make and is always a crowd pleaser!
Grandma T's Shrimp Scampi
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Approx 1/2 cup Good Olive Oil
- Full Head of Garlic, Peeled and Roughly Chopped
- 2lbs of Medium-Sized Fresh Shrimp, Cleaned, Deveined and Shelled
- Progresso Flavored Bread Crumbs
- You'll be creating layers of the ingredients, so don't use all at once! Put some of the olive oil in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the olive oil and sprinkle garlic over the bread crumbs. Lay shrimp on top of the ingredients in rows. Repeat, making layers of ingredients and shrimp.
- Place under your broiler (about 5" down) and broil until browned.