I love the 4th of July. With fireworks, picnics, friends and good food...what’s not to love? In my family, Danny mans the bbq while I focus on decorations and appetizers. Because July is the perfect month for fresh berries, I thought I’d share one of my favorite recipes for Berry Jam! It’s super easy and goes great on anything...from toast to cheese & crackers!
yield about 7 8oz jars
5 cups crushed berries
(the recipe calls for blackberries, but I like to use a variety of berries)
7 cups of sugar
1 package (1 3/4oz) dry pectin (Ball or Sure Jell)
1. Measure out the berries and put them into a very large pot
2. Add the pectin to the berries a little at a time, stirring constantly
3. Heat on high, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a FULL boil
4. Add sugar all at once while stirring
5. Bring mixture back to a full boil, stirring constantly
6. Boil for 1 minute
7. Remove from heat and ladle into clean, hot 8oz jars, leaving 1/4in. space at the top
8. Wipe the rim of the jar and put canning lids and rings on fingertip tight.
9. Place in canner with very hot water, make sure water is 1in. above jars
10. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes
11. Remove and set them upright on a towel to set for 12 hours
But why stop with just a recipe? I made some really cute printable labels for your jam jars. Print onto cardstock and tie them on with string!
Download the labels here.