We love to entertain, so we almost always host Thanksgiving at our home. It’s such a great time for family and friends to gather, connect and come back to what life is all about: love and togetherness. I spend a lot of time making sure my home is warm and inviting. Decorations, food, fresh linens and flowers are all accounted for. I try to pay attention to little details to be sure that each person feels comfortable and welcomed. If you have ever hosted your own Thanksgiving, you know that it is a lot of work. While it is fun and satisfying, it’s possible to get caught up in the stress of getting everything right. This is why I like to give myself a little “reward” after these oh-so-fun, but somewhat stressful holidays. Breakfast in bed is the perfect way to decompress on the morning after Thanksgiving.
- Your favorite herbal tea (I love Peppermint!)
- Tea Cookies
- Fresh Flowers
- Pretty Napkins (I used my Athena napkins available at Bardwil Home)
- Plush Bedding (My Payton bedding collection, available at WestPoint Home, features a cozy yellow color palette, which is perfect for fall)
- Breakfast tray (I found mine at the flea market)
- Your adorable pet (I just wrapped one of the Athena napkins around Miles’ neck for a festive scarf)
Heat your tea, according to the instructions. Place your breakfast on a plate and set everything up on your tray. Be sure to stay in your comfiest pajamas. Bring everything back to bed, pull out your favorite book or turn on a feel-good movie and relax!