A colorful patchwork scarf in super soft cashmere with pretty felt flowers is the perfect project to keep you warm and cozy during these winter months. I used some old cashmere sweaters cut into rectangles and sewed them together to create this fun and oh-so-chic scarf.
- Old cashmere sweaters
- Sewing machine
- Sewing needle
- First, cut rectangles out from your sweaters to piece together. You will need enough rectangles to make 2 patchwork pieces at about 4” x 64”
- Sew the rectangles together end-to-end so they make the two pieces that are about 4” x 64”. Press with a dry iron on low.
- Place the two rectangles with right sides together and pin. Using your sewing machine, sew up the two long sides. Now you should have a tube. Turn the tube right side out and press with a dry iron on low.
- Place one end inside the other end and sew together with your sewing machine. It’s ok to have a raw edge sticking out since the cashmere will not fray.
- Cut out flower shapes from the felt. For each flower, I cut three flower shapes, with each shape smaller than the last. Sew the three shapes together, one on top of the other, with a needle and thread. Once you have your flowers, tack them onto your scarf with the needle and thread…the more the merrier!