My husband travels a lot for work, so with Father's Day just around the corner, my kids and I wanted to give him something that would remind him of home. As you know, we are all dog lovers in my family. Our dogs follow my husband around like he's the head of the pack! So I thought, what better gift than a photo pillow shaped like "man's best friend"! This DIY is so easy and adorable. It's perfect for Father's Day, but can also work for any occasion.
- A Very Cute Photo of Your Pet
- Medium Weight White Canvas
- Photo Fabric
- Sewing Thread and Needle
- Sewing Machine
- Print our the photo of your pet onto the Photo Fabric, following the directions on the packaging. Make sure it is the size you want and is centered on the page with about a half inch to spare on all sides.
- Cut out the image, leaving about 1/2" of space around all edges. Sew the Photo Fabric onto your canvas and trim the canvas to the appropriate shape, again leaving about 1/2" around all edges for seam allowance.
- Cut a second piece of canvas in this same shape for the back of the pillow.
- With right sides together, pin the front and back of the pillow together and sew, leaving about 2-3" open on one side.
- Notch all edges of your pillow by cutting out small triangles from the seam allowance. This will allow for smooth, rounded edges when the pillow is stuffed.
- Flip the pillow right side out and stuff it with your Polyfill.
- When the pillow is good and full, hand-stitch the remaining 2-3" of the seam.
- Make it even more personal by adding a sweet note and attaching it with a pin.