Looking to make a fun statement at your next party? These colorful and fun DIY Yarn Orbs are the perfect decorations to brighten up any occasion. Loop them together into a garland, mobile, or even cluster them together in a decorative bowl for the perfect table center piece.
What you will need…
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup warm water
- One bottle of School Glue
- Nonstick Spray
What you need to do…
- Set up your drying area: a close line or tying a string between two chairs will do the trick. Make sure to place newspaper underneath the line to catch any dripping.
- Blow up your balloons! Try different sizes or make them uniform. We recommend not blowing them up all way so you can make the orbs more spherical.
- Take your balloons and hang them with clothes pins on the drying line.
- Next, spray the balloons lightly and evenly with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl mix ½ cup cornstarch with ¼ cup of warm water until combined.
- Add one bottle of school glue to the cornstarch mixture and mix until combined.
- Dip yarn into glue mixture and squeeze out excess with fingers
- Start wrapping at the knot end of your balloon and wrap in all directions until you are satisfied with the density of yarn.
- Then cut the yarn!
- Wait 24 hours for the glue to dry. It should be brittle by this time.
- After it is dry push and knead the balloon to separate it from the yarn.
- POP the balloon then carefully remove it.
- String on twine to make a garland or make a decorative mobile! The options are endless!