Looking for a fun, easy and chic DIY? Well look no further! Transform your white coffee mug into a one of a kind statement piece. Here’s a super easy technique that will transform it with a trendy faux marble look.
Things You Will Need:
- White ceramic mug
- Nail Polish (inexpensive)
- Tooth picks
- Warm Water
- Aluminum Pan (disposable)
- Nail Polish Remover
- Cotton Balls
1. Take your disposable aluminum pan and add warm water. Make sure it filled to at least two inches from the bottom of the pan.
2. Now is the fun part! Take your nail polish and drizzle it over the top of the surface of the water. Feel free to use as many colors as you want!
3. Quickly, take your toothpick and start to swirl the nail polish to create a marble look! (You will need to move swiftly before the nail polish begins to harden and clump together).
4. Now take your mug and dip it into the water and rotate it to make sure it creates a marbleized look on the surface of your piece.
5. Pull your cup out of the water and let it air dry.
6. Once it’s dry, it is ready to use!
*For best results hand wash your mug!