Spring is my favorite time of year because I absolutely LOVE flowers! Flowers add a pop of color and sweetness to a space, instantly making it warm and inviting. I took a walk down College Avenue in Oakland over the weekend and just had to stop at the flower shop, the Flower and the B, at Market Hall. They had beautiful flowers in every color and seeing them all together totally brightened my day!
We love the look of a chic chinoiserie frette work border on pillows, drapes, duvets and just about anything else in our homes that could use a bit of sophistication. Trims sold by the yard like this can be quite expensive. So we're delighted to show you a new fabric we designed for FreeSpirit Fabrics. It’s called “Frette” from our Chinoiserie Chic Collection. We used this pattern cut into borders to embellish some pillows on Dena's daughter Lisa’s bed. This is a wonderful and inexpensive way to add a bit of Chinoiserie style to your home.
Any items you may want to embellish! This project is great for pillows, bed linens, curtains, and even dishtowels.
- Frette by Dena Designs for FreeSpirit fabric
- Sewing machine or fabric glue
- We like to lay everything out as our first step. This way we can clearly see what we have to work with and what needs a little embellishment.
- Decide where you would like your border to go and cut accordingly.
- You can either use a sewing machine like we did, or you can go the easy route and use fabric glue!
You can purchase yardage from the Chinoiserie Chic Collection here.
This is a great way to give your home décor a fresh facelift!