Fall is here and I’m always ready to decorate for the season. I love easy DIY projects that are also versatile, which is why I am all about this adorable succulent-filled pumpkin! You can set it on the table for a fall party, or leave it on your porch for Halloween. It can also make a great hostess gift!
- Pumpkin (I used a mini pumpkin, but you can use any size)
- Serrated knife
- Soil and sand (should be an even mix)
- Plastic bag
- Spanish moss
- Using the knife, cut out the top of the pumpkin, just as you would if you were going to carve it.
- Scoop out the seeds with the spoon (save them for roasting, if you’d like!)
- Place the plastic bag inside the pumpkin (this helps slow any decomposing of the pumpkin). Cut the parts of the bag that stick out.
- Fill halfway with the soil and sand mixture.
- Begin placing your succulents inside the pumpkin. Add soil and moss as needed to secure them inside.
- Once you have all the succulents inside the pumpkin, add more moss to cover any plastic or soil that might be showing.
The great thing about adding the plastic bag is that when the pumpkin begins to wither, you can pull out the bag and plant the succulents into another vessel!